[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - javax.faces.el.ReferenceSyntaxException: Functions not suppo

andrew.rw.robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 15:05:17 EDT 2007

When I use #{s:hasRole('test')} in a facelet view it works. However, when I try to use facesContext.getApplication().createValueBinding("#{s:hasRole('test')}"); I get the following error:

  | Caused by: javax.faces.el.ReferenceSyntaxException: Functions not supported in expressions. Function: s:hasRole
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl$1.resolveFunction(ValueBindingImpl.java:74)
  | 	at org.apache.commons.el.FunctionInvocation.evaluate(FunctionInvocation.java:148)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:386)
  | 	... 62 more

How can I get the support of functions from the createValueBinding(String) method?

Environment:
MyFaces 1.1.5
MyFaces Tomahawk 1.1.6
JBoss Seam 1.2.1