[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Managing JBoss programmatically?

BogusException do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 19:09:43 EDT 2007

PeterJ,

Firstly, thanks for all your help (to at least me) over the past year. It has made things easier for me.

I'm still looking for the same thing, even after all these months. I'm still trying to deploy files in arbitrary locations to the JBoss server. They may be services or JAR, EAR or SAR, but I need to pass the class the filename & location, and ask that file be copied to the ./deploy dir.

I've been wrestling with outbound JCA, which would call a program on the outside running as the AS user, but outbound JCA seems extremely difficult. I've even read that it may be overkill.

What might hold promise is JMX. The key here, though, seems to be overcoming JBoss' inherent security which prevents a deployed app from deploying/controlling apps via JMX.

Not a problem, as I can change the server to suit.

Any thoughts?

TIA!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070339#4070339

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070339