[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: external authentication-any pointers for a beginner?

shane.bryzak@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 3 02:49:42 EDT 2007

Ok, I'm starting to get an understanding of your requirements.  Let's address the issues separately.

First of all, redirection - I'm not a fan of having the JAAS login module performing a redirect, I think this is a bad thing.  Instead, how about you use login-view, and simply have this view do a client-side redirect to your other authentication page?

Secondly, detecting that the user has authenticated.  You'll notice in the Identity class that there are two isLoggedIn() methods.  The one that accepts a boolean parameter provides a means to perform an authentication "on the spot" so to speak, but *only* if the user's credentials are set.  In the default implementation of the isCredentialsSet() method it checks that a username and password are provided.  If you are instead authenticating via a cookie, you'll need to override this method and have it return true if there is a valid cookie present.  That way, when you set #{identity.isLoggedIn(true)}  on your page it should actually perform an authentication.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070400#4070400

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070400