[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SelectBooleanCheckbox and Y/N mapping

nickarls do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 3 05:32:54 EDT 2007

Not exactly an Seam issue but I wonder how you have tackled similar problems:

How can I bind a SelectBooleanCheckbox to a String field ("Y" or "N")? I tried writing a converted but it didn't fire correctly. Well, I read that according to the JSF spec, it shouldn't even. And there is no truevalue/falsevalue properties available, either :-/

I tried to do the conversion in the setter/getter but that interfered with both the validation and the loading from db.

Is there a prettier solution than adding a dummy boolean setter/getter alongside the real one in the entity?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070447#4070447

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070447