[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Detecting Presence of ProcessInstance Without Exception?

diathesis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 3 10:33:42 EDT 2007

If I call:
graphSession.findLatestProcessDefinition(PROCESS_NAME)

It throws a JbpmException if the process definition is not found.

Since I prefer not to use exceptions for flow control, is there any way for me to check if a process definition exists in the database short of calling one of these methods (or something heavier-weight, like retrieving all process definitions and versions and iterating through them, which is probably worse for performance than an exception).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070624#4070624

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070624