[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - nested conversations and parent objects

pdpantages do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 4 15:35:21 EDT 2007

Hello Forum,

I am using Seam 1.2.1.GA

I am using nested conversations to edit entries in a table.
The editor is in a nested conversation, launched from a long running conversation.
The conversation is started with s:link+propagation="nest"

The editor injects the table bean with
@In
ServiceTableLocal serviceMgmt;

(The serviceMgmt bean contains an @Datamodel which is used to render the table).

When the edit is applied, I want to refresh the tablebean, which I do by calling

serviceMgmt.refresh();

This is done in the context of the nested conversation, in the editor.apply() method.

The odd thing is, everything works properly.... The documentation clearly states that the parent/outer conversation objects are "readl-only" in the nested conversation.

If I remove the refresh call, I verifed that the table is  not updated- i.e., there is no "hidden mechanism" helping me out.

I expected the refresh to have no effect, as per the docs. Is this new behaviour for 1.2.1, or a bug?

I used to call
Conversation.instance().end();
Conversation.instance().pop();
before the refresh, so that the latter call was done in the parent/outer conversation.

I have switched to using @End as this technique was causing occasional "can't find stateful bean" problems. I expecetd my refesh to stop working, but it didn't....

Anyone have any insights into this behaviour?

Thanks, PdP

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070895#4070895

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070895