[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - JBoss 4.2.1GA and Hibernate validator - broken

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 00:41:07 EDT 2007

The following is not a Seam issue, even though it may be important to Seam users.

Bug description:
==========

JBoss AS 4.2.1GA is shipped with
Hibernate Core  3.2.4.sp1
Hibernate Annotations 3.2.1.GA
Hibernate EntityManager 3.2.1.GA

The problem is that instantiation of a Hibernate Validator specified with the org.hibernate.validator.Min annotation fails with an  exception (see below).

How to reproduce the bug:
===================
Use JBossAS4.2.1GA and the Seam hotel booking example and  annotate method getPrice() of org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Hotel with @Min(0).   Then deployment of the hotel booking application fails.

  | 2007-08-06 06:13:45,540 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper] Starting failed persistence.units:ear=jboss-seam-booking.ear,jar=jboss-seam-booking.jar,unitName=bookingDatabase
  | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: could not instantiate ClassValidator
  | 	at org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.createValidator(ClassValidator.java:294)
  | 	at org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.createMemberValidator(ClassValidator.java:262)
  | 	at org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.initValidator(ClassValidator.java:215)
  | 	at org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator.<init>(ClassValidator.java:134)
  | 	at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.secondPassCompile(AnnotationConfiguration.java:318)
  | 	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildMappings(Configuration.java:1115)
  | 	at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildMappings(Ejb3Configuration.java:1233)

Question:
=======

What needs to be done in order to successfully use the org.hibernate.validator.Min validator?      Could a solution be the replacement of the Hibernate packages shipped with JBoss AS 4.2.1GA with more recent versions?   I tried to replace those Hibernate jars with Hibernate core 3.3.0GA, Hibernate EntityManager 3.3.1.GA, Hibernate Annotations 3.3.0GA and Hibernate Validator 3.0.0GA,  but this produces a a classloading error when Hibernate is started up.

Are there any instructions out there how JBossAS needs to be configured when using the latest Hibernate versions?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071023#4071023

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071023