[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - annotations

laksu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 05:41:47 EDT 2007

some dumb questions:

i am using Seam with JPA (with Hibernate implementation)  and considering to dump it in favor of plain good old Hibernate. I am basing my decision on the fact that I cannot map interfaces to tables with JPA.

1- am I on the correct track ?

Now the dumbest part: I am not sure if mapping will be still easy, using annotations as in JPA.

2- Is Hibernate annotations meant to be a JPA feature only or there exists extensions to Hibernate annotations to make use of full Hibernate features, those beyond JPA?

For instance, can I map an interface to a table with annotations or do I have to use hbm.xml mapping?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071096#4071096

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071096