[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss 4.2.1GA and Hibernate validator - broken

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 07:28:58 EDT 2007

Thanks for your reply, Pete.  I forgot to mention that I'm using the CVS based Seam 2.  When building the Seam example such as the hotel booking example,  by default no Hibernate jars are packaged.  Rather, the Hibernate jars shipped with JBoss AS are used (I'm using JBoss 4.2.1GA).

I looked at the hibernate/lib directory of the CVS based Seam:

It includes  Hibernate 3.2.1.ga, Hibernate Annotations 3.2.1.GA and Hibernate EntityManager Version: 3.2.1.GA.

Thus, only the Hibernate version is more recent than the one shipped with JBoss 4.2.1GA, but the Hibernate Annotations and Hibernate EntityManager are the same as shipped with JBoss 4.2.1GA.         While there are more recent versions available (Hibernate EntityManager 3.3.1GA and Hibernate Annotations 3.3.0GA, with Hibernate validator now separate in Hibernate validador 3.3.0GA.jar), these are not included in the Seam based CVS.

I also forgot to mention that only the @Min Hibernate validator failed.  The @NotNull validator and other validators such as @Length are working fine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071129#4071129

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071129