[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Data integrity in a clustered jboss cache

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 10:39:43 EDT 2007

You would need to use transactions and REPL_SYNC if you want to achieve proper coherence, although this may not be the most performant with SERIALIZABLE.  You could use REPEATABLE_READ, but some transactions may roll back due to upgrade exceptions and the like when you have a write collission - something you would have to deal with using a retry.

Regarding Spring declaring transactions on the cache, I'm afraid I cannot help you here as I do not know Spring that well.  You would have to declare a TransactionManagerLookup in the cache configuration, and you could do something like:

  | cache.getTransactionManager().begin();
  | // .. do stuff with your cache ..
  | cache.getTransactionManager().commit();

with the cache instance that Spring injects into your code.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071211#4071211

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071211