[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB timers in a @Service EJB

icruz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 11:38:10 EDT 2007

Hello,

(moved from JBoss/EJB forum)

I have a problem with JBoss 4.2.1GA. I have a @Service EJB, in start() method I create a EJB timer, and it works.

The first problem is when I shutdown jboss, in the stop() method of the Service EJB I call the method timer.cancel(), and it throws an exception with the message "timer was canceled", but the timer remains in the MySQL (if I call stop() from the JMX console, it is cancelled correctly)

The second problem is when I restart jboss after that. In the start() method of my service EJB, the function timerService.getTimers() returns an empty collection (even the timer *is* in the database), and when I try to create the timer it fails with a "duplicate key" exception from MySQL driver

Thanks in advance,
Isaac

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071237#4071237

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071237