[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re:

adamw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 13:44:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have the code written though it's completely separate from jboss cache. As it doesn't make much sense to write a separate cache, I want to intergrate it.

However I think I cannot use CacheLoaders too, because I don't want any calls to trigger loads from the CacheLoader --- the keys have to be updated in the background. So basically, a thread watches for changes in the backing store (SVN, filesystem, etc), and when a change is detected, updates the current value with a new one. The user never has to wait for the value to be read from the store, parsed and so on.

(The thread-approach is more or less how it is now, I was just wondering if it could be done with cache loaders/ eviction policies, but  I suppose not)

--
Adam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071300#4071300

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071300