[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using Jbpm Identity component in Seam

fzaker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 13:52:37 EDT 2007

Thank you for your answers. I think I should explain a little more and sorry if I am wasting (or some similar verb) your time.
1. I prefer to use Actor class in my application, because by using it, I will be able to use beans like pooledTaskInstanceList or pooledTask. (or I think so!) They are valuable bean for my TaskManager application.
2. Jbpm Identity component is also valuable, because it covers requirements of Organization Modeling in my application. In addition, the expression style for task assignment (gift of Jbpm Identity), is powerful and valuable too.

So, I need to have both of them side by side. But in the second, roles are contextual (each user has some special roles for the groups he is member of). But in the first, Actor just can have a simple list of String roles which is less flexible.

An example: Suppose we have two kinds of Product shipment: Shoes and Shirts. Suppose we have two separate departments for each one. Orders of Shoes should be handled by Reviewer and Shipper of Shoes department and orders of Shirts should be handled by Reviewer and Shipper of Shirts department.
When using Actor class, I could not distinguish for example Reviewers of different Departments and so Tasks could not be assigned correctly. Defining for example ShoesReviewer and ShirtsReviewer Actor roles, is not a good solution due to several obvious reasons.

I hope my explanation is English enough! Sorry for my weak English.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071304#4071304

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071304