[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Cannot retrieve user: Unable to locate current JTA trans

kpalania do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 7 12:12:15 EDT 2007

"sohil.shah at jboss.com" wrote : ah ok-

  | I understand your situation now.
  |
  | Ok in this case you have no choice but to go the Tomcat Valve/Custom Authenticator route.
  |
  | This is the only place you can actually grab hold of the Tomcat Session and populate it with the Subject/Principals that will be propagated through to Portal.
  |
  | Basically you have to simulate what the container managed security is doing inside of your own code, and not use container managed security.
  |
  | The sample interaction would be something like:
  |
  | 1/ You have a Tomcat Valve that post-processes the request on your Authentication Servlet
  |
  | 2/ In this Post Processing, it will grab information populated by the Servlet and populate the Principal/Subject just the way the container does for Portal when using standard JAAS mechanism
  |
  | For a look at how this is done, look at the Authenticator source code of Tomcat and you will be very much enlightened ;)
  |
  | Thanks

Thanks Sohil. Let me look into the Tomcat source code and see if I can do something similar to get this working. Will let you know how goes by COB and hopefully, it goes well....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071691#4071691

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071691