[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SEAM2 fails to inject EntityManager

bulloncito do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 7 23:00:47 EDT 2007

Trying to migrate from jBoss4.0.5.GA+Seam1.2.1.GA to jBoss4.2.1.GA+Seam2.0.0.B1, after updating lots of code, app deploys properly, but when I try to acces initial page, an EntityHome complains and sends me to error page:

In attribute requires non-null value: complexHome.entityManager

at this arbitrary piece of code:

@Name("complexHome")
  | public class ComplexHome extends GenericEntityHome<Complex> {
  |
  |     @In EntityManager entityManager ;

I believe it fails here due to life cycle but has nothing to do with this (works nice and smooth with old jBoss + old seam). App has deployed properly, logs do not report any errors, components.xml looks like this (fragment):

Components.xml (fragment)

  | <core:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager"
  | 	auto-create="true" persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:/EntityManagerFactories/LaboraemPersistenceFactory" />

... and EJTool's "JNDI Browser" (http://www.ejtools.org/) reports:

java:/
  | 	ConnectionFactory (org.jboss.mq.SpyConnectionFactory)
  | 	DefaultDS
  | 	DefaultJMSProvider (org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter)
  | 	EntityManagerFactories
  | 	     LaboraemPersistenceFactory (org.jboss.ejb3.entity.InjectedEntityManagerFactory)
  | 	EntityManagers
  | 	     LaboraemPersistence (org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TransactionScopedEntityManager)
  | 	JmsXA (org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsConnectionFactoryImpl)

... so, the persistence unit has been deployed, I'm using the same injection I used for old seam, as seen in examples (even seam2 examples), so I believe things should work, yet, they don't   :(

Am I missing something ? Anybody ?

Here's a bit of the stacktrace:

org.jboss.seam.RequiredException: In attribute requires non-null value: complexHome.entityManager

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071808#4071808

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071808