[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Problem with transaction demarcation

moksha2007 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 08:19:56 EDT 2007

Using jboss 4.0.5; a callback timer method on a stateless bean with transaction attribute REQUIRED_NEW does not seem to 'isolate' the transaction when called concurrently. A org.hibernate.StaleStateException occurs and the whole thing is rolled back.

  | @Timeout
  | @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)
  | public void handleTimeout(Timer timer) {
  | // pseudo code:
  | // find obj (called on a different session bean with default settings)
  | // if found delete object
  | // The delete causes the stalestate when the entire batch is committed
  | }

According to the EJB3.0 specifiation the situation above should work, but it isn't unless I am doing things wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071981#4071981

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071981