[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: about the user forum

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 13:19:02 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :  one reason why open source is criticised so much.

- The forums are no different in commercial software.
- The quality of the code isn't any different (in fact, things are often fixed quicker in OS)
- The support is often better (my personal exerience, I´ve worked with many majore vendors)
- The docs lag... yes.... but the code can be used (and should) as docs
- OS targets in some cases different users, requireing more detailed knowledge, but this is imo good. Users of commercial software often have less knowledge, that is why they (need to) buy expensive consulting

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072115#4072115

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072115