[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: port already in use

rwilcox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 14:16:43 EDT 2007

 I was able to resolve this issue.  What finally worked was to keep changing port numbers until the app is running. (Mind you that netstat showed all of the ports were available).  After this, I shutdown the app and rebooted the machine.  After rebooting, I reverted the app to the original port numbers.  Guess what?  Everything works now.  It seems as if JBoss kept a list of ports in use that did not reflect reality as I could never verify that these ports were in use.

      I used another freeware program called freeportscanner to check if the ports were in use and it also showed that the ports were available.  I really doubt that all 5 or 6 ports could've been in use by other programs and that netstat would not show it.  This problem persisted even after reboots.......

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072141#4072141

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072141