[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Detecting Presence of ProcessInstance Without Exception?

diathesis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 14:29:30 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : There isn't? The source is open.. write a small wrapper, catch the exception and return null.

If we go forward with jBPM, I may well look into contributing something to solve this issue; catching the exception doesn't solve the problem, since it's the creation of an exception (rather, the population of its stack trace) that causes slowdown.  I'd have to look deeper and see if there's a way to solve the problem without triggering an exception.

In any case, I'm not ready to commit to that work at this stage, was just trying to learn if there was an existing way to accomplish what I was looking for in the API that I'd missed.  There isn't, so, as I said, no big deal, I'll just catch the exception in my code for now, and consider contributing a patch later.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072148#4072148

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072148