[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Sortable columns, the simplest Trinidad way?

ellenzhao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 19:13:54 EDT 2007

I want my data table columns to be sortable. I've read this blog entry:

http://pmuir.bleepbleep.org.uk/2007/04/backing-trinidads-datatable-with-seam.html

But to sort the data set in memory is exactly what I want (There are usually 3~6 sortable columns in a single data table in my application. Fetching data set from a remote database on every sorting click sounds like a horror to me. Complexity of heap-sort is O(N log N)....I cache all the frequently used data sets in static fields in an APPLICATION scoped stateless bean.). Trinidad has that feature but I did not find information about how to use it together with Seam. I looked at the SeamDisc example from the latest CVS there are still questions:

1. Do I have to use ajax4jsf if I only want to use Trinidad's sortable column feature? If not, how should the web.xml, faces-config.xml, and other configuration files look like?

2. Is there any working example which has only Seam + Trinidad + Facelets together?

3. Does this Trinidad thing work with JSF RI 1.2 (the latest JSF reference implementation) or do I have to use MyFaces to make it work?

Any enlightenment would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
Ellen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072242#4072242

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072242