[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Server startup hangs when injecting @WebServiceRef into an M

kevinpauli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 13:20:43 EDT 2007

Has anybody else observed this behavior?  This is with JBoss 4.2.0.GA which uses jbossws-1.2.1.GA.

I have a web service, like the following:

Web service:

  | package kp;
  |
  | import javax.ejb.Stateless;
  | import javax.jws.WebMethod;
  | import javax.jws.WebParam;
  | import javax.jws.WebService;
  |
  | import org.jboss.ws.annotation.WebContext;
  |
  | @Stateless
  | @WebService
  | @WebContext(contextRoot="/kp")
  | public class HelloWebService
  | {
  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	public void hello(@WebParam(name = "name")	String name)
  | 	{
  | 		System.out.println("web service invoked! hello, " + name);
  | 	}
  | }

I wanted to test it by poking at it and sending it data from the JMX console.  So I wrote an MBean to send it data:

MBean Interface:

  | package kp;
  |
  | import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Management;
  |
  | @Management
  | public interface AdhocServicesManagement
  | {
  | 	void invokeWS(String name);
  | }

MBean Implementation:

  | package kp;
  |
  | import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceRef;
  |
  | import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Service;
  |
  | @Service
  | public class AdhocServicesBean implements AdhocServicesManagement
  | {
  | 	@WebServiceRef(wsdlLocation="http://127.0.0.1:8080/kp/HelloWebService?wsdl")
  | 	SearchResultHandlerBean searchResultHandlerBean;
  |
  | 	public void invokeWS(String name)
  | 	{
  | 		searchResultHandlerBean.handleSearchResult(name);
  | 	}
  | }

But the server seems to hang on startup, with no useful info logged.  Here is the last part of the log:

  | 10:09:07,109 INFO  [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory, java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces}
  | 10:09:07,109 INFO  [UpdateTimestampsCache] starting update timestamps cache at region: kpauli-app_ear,kpauli-app_jar,kpauli.org.hibernate.cache.UpdateTimestampsCache
  | 10:09:07,125 INFO  [StandardQueryCache] starting query cache at region: kpauli-app_ear,kpauli-app_jar,kpauli.org.hibernate.cache.StandardQueryCache
  | 10:09:07,218 INFO  [JmxKernelAbstraction] creating wrapper delegate for: org.jboss.ejb3.service.ServiceContainer
  | 10:09:07,218 INFO  [JmxKernelAbstraction] installing MBean: jboss.j2ee:ear=kpauli-app.ear,jar=kpauli-app.jar,name=AdhocServicesBean,service=EJB3 with dependencies:
  | 10:09:07,375 INFO  [ServiceRefHandlerJAXWS] setupServiceRef [jndi=/env/kp.AdhocServicesBean/searchResultHandlerBean,target=kp.SearchResultHandlerBean]
  | 10:09:07,421 INFO  [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: kp.AdhocServicesBean ejbName: AdhocServicesBean

And there it sits... it never fully initializes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072652#4072652

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072652