[jboss-user] [Remoting] - BisocketServerInvoker and random port issue

rms497 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 15:39:01 EDT 2007

Can anyone please clarify if there is any way to configure the BisocketServerInvoker to not use a random port when starting the secondary server? If this is true, am I correct in assuming that it is impossible to operate an application (jboss-4.2.0.GA + jboss-messaging-1.3.0.GA) that utilizes it behind a firewall unless all ports are open? If this is true, was there a reason for it?

Is the thought here to use the multiplex transport instead of the bisocket? Would there be any performance impacts by using the different transport? I am assuming bisocket would give the best performance, is that correct?

thanks.
Ray.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072704#4072704

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072704