[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: <ui:insert /> stopped working in Seam 2.0 within source

rlubke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 16:02:56 EDT 2007

Actually, it seems the regression was caused by a set of changes submitted by Gavin to Jacob.

https://facelets.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=cvs&msgNo=664

Unfortunately, the commit message doesn't offer much in the way of motivation behind these changes.

I've commented out lines 280 and 281 from DefaultFaceletContext and the test case that was posted to this thread then works.

  | public boolean includeDefinition(UIComponent parent, String name)
  |             throws IOException, FaceletException, FacesException, ELException {
  |         boolean found = false;
  |         TemplateManager client;
  |
  |         for (int i = 0; i < this.clients.size() && found == false; i++) {
  |             client = ((TemplateManager) this.clients.get(i));
  |             if (client.equals(this.facelet))
  |                 continue;
  |             //if (client.isRoot() && i != 0)
  |             //    break;
  |             found = client.apply(this, parent, name);
  |         }
  |
  |         return found;
  |     }

Gavin - can you shed some light on what was being accomplished with these changes?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072713#4072713

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072713