[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to build action parameter expression for s:button with v

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 17:47:01 EDT 2007

I need to build a button to pass an argument to an action method.  I can hard code the parameter and all is fine.  I just cannot figure how to dynamically build it with tags.

Key point: I need to use el to specify the Seam "named" method and I also need to use el to specify its argument.  This creates a nesting scenario that I cannot figure out.  The track var is the object

 <ice:dataTable id="trackList"
                var="track"
              value="#{trackList.resultList}"
		columnClasses="allCols"
           rendered="#{not empty trackList.resultList}">
       <ice:column>
            <f:facet name="header">Click to Play</f:facet>
            <s:button value="Play" id="play" action="#{connectedUser.playMediaId(track.id)}"/>
        </ice:column>

Track.id is passed as a null string to the method.  I created a different method that takes a track object and tried passing track.  I get a null object passed to the method.

I am adapting the standard SeamGen pages for my app.  I can get it to work if I use the select in the seamgen'd trackList page which passes the selected track to the track page.  Then on that page I use trackHome.instance as the parameter to the method that accepts a track object.  This works.

One key difference between the two pages is in the tracklist page (non-working one) the data is provided by the var from ice:dataTable

I want to get this to work in the trackList page inside the dataTable

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072738#4072738

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072738