[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3 Interceptor never called - how to debug?

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 23:10:11 EDT 2007

I am trying to add an ejb3 interceptor, but can't even get a simple one to run.  From my reading of the docs, I should be able to just add the Interceptor annotations and be off and running, but my interceptor functions never run.  Here's the interceptor class:

public class MyInterceptor {

  | 	@PostConstruct
  | 	public void postConstruct(InvocationContext invocation) {
  | 		try {
  | 			Object target = invocation.getTarget();
  |
  | 			System.err.println("In PostConstruct MyInterceptor for " + target);
  | 			invocation.proceed();
  | 		} catch (Exception ex) {
  | 			log.error("Error in PostConstruct MyInterceptor", ex);
  | 		}
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@AroundInvoke
  | 	public void aroundInvoke(InvocationContext invocation) {
  | 		try {
  | 			Object target = invocation.getTarget();
  |
  | 			System.err.println("In AroundInvoke MyInterceptor for " + target);
  | 			invocation.proceed();
  | 		} catch (Exception ex) {
  | 			log.error("Error in AroundInvoke MyInterceptor", ex);
  | 		}
  | 	}
  | }

I've tried annotating both the class and a method thusly:

@Interceptors(MyInterceptor.class)
  | @Entity
  | @Table(name = "client")
  | public class Client implements java.io.Serializable {
  | 	@Interceptors(MyInterceptor.class)
  | 	public void setName(String name) {
  | 		System.err.println("In setName");
  | 		this.name = name;
  | 	}

and specifically call the setName() method, but neither of my interceptor functions ever fire.  No errors in the log. Can anyone spot what I've done wrong?  Better yet, how can I debug this?

Seam 1.2.1-GA
JBoss AS 4.2.1

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072810#4072810