[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile cla

alamandrax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 10 07:13:12 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : Please move Java and JBoss out of these paths to some folder which does not have a space. I wont guarantee that it will fix the issue, you are seeing, but atleast it will assure us that this is not causing the problem.

Hi. This is what I did. I took the JBoss-4.0.5.GA folder dump from a colleague (who is the lead developer on the project) and named it JBoss-4.0.5.GA_old and placed it in the C:\Program Files\ folder. I didn't change anything else. I deployed my application to the _old server and ran the application. The error doesn't come up any more. The JSP pages render properly.

I am now trying to see if any of the Jar files in the library are in conflict. I will move all the files under $JBOSS_old\server\default\lib (my colleague's lib folder) to $JBOSS_HOME\server\default\lib (my lib folder) and see if does anything.

I am certain that the problem does not lie with the spaces in the path.

Do please keep the suggestions coming in. Really appreciate all this help.

What I'm trying to do is use JBoss, java, ant and MySQL builds available off the shelf from their respective pages and try to get them working together so that when we deploy the application to our client, we don't need to bundle the configured JBoss AS with it as well.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072975#4072975

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072975