[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: why need to restart jboss after network changed

john_woo@canada.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 10 17:28:28 EDT 2007

"salewski" wrote : Perhaps you're getting bit by Java's default DNS caching?

  | http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0445.html
  | http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/net/properties.html
  |
  | From $JRE/lib/security/java.security:
  |
  | #
  | # The Java-level namelookup cache policy for successful lookups:
  | #
  | # any negative value: caching forever
  | # any positive value: the number of seconds to cache an address for
  | # zero: do not cache
  | #
  | # default value is forever (FOREVER). For security reasons, this
  | # caching is made forever when a security manager is set.
  | #
  | # NOTE: setting this to anything other than the default value can have
  | #       serious security implications. Do not set it unless
  | #       you are sure you are not exposed to DNS spoofing attack.
  | #
  | #networkaddress.cache.ttl=-1

Thanks lots.
now I set the as following

networkaddress.cache.ttl=2
networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl=2

but if jboss started when the cable is connected, and then unplug the cable (or no internet connection), the client app will have :

 org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not get connection to server.  Problem establishing socket connection.

after that, if cable recovered, then thing is ok;

if jboss started when cable is unplug, then it doesn't matter whether cable is plug in and plug off, both jboss and client app are working fine.

so my question is, how to set, so jboss/client always keep running fine regardless cable (both jboss and client ran in same machine)?

Thanks
John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073210#4073210

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073210