[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Trinidad table binding

marcopan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 12 19:27:58 EDT 2007

I'm writing an application using a mix of Trinidad and RichFaces controls. I used the SeamDisc example in CVS for the setup and it's working.

I'm using a tr:table with the following header:
  | 						var="partyType" rowBandingInterval="1" rows="10"
  | 						rowSelection="multiple" binding="#{partyTypesManager.table}">

The binding does not work, I get a
javax.el.ELException: /party/partyTypes.xhtml @31,68 binding="#{partyTypesManager.table}": java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch.

As you can imagine I carefully used the example in the TRinidad web site and double.checked the code of the bean, that is:

 @Name("partyTypesManager")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class PartyTypesManager {
  |
  | 	public void performDelete(ActionEvent action){
  | 		UIXTable table = getTable();
  | 		Iterator selection = table.getSelectedRowKeys().iterator();
  | 		Object oldKey = table.getRowKey();
  | 		while(selection.hasNext()){
  | 			Object rowKey = selection.next();
  | 			table.setRowKey(rowKey);
  | 			PartyType pt = (PartyType) table.getRowData();
  | 			System.out.println("PartyType "+pt.getId()+" marked for deletion");
  | 		}
  | 		table.setRowKey(oldKey);
  | 	}
  |
  | 	private UIXTable _table;
  | 	public UIXTable getTable() {
  | 		return _table;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setTable(UIXTable table) {
  | 		this._table = table;
  | 	}
  |
  | }

I red an old post that said to not try to use a binding of a trinidad table in Seam. Is it still true? The SeamDisc example did not bind any table to a backing bean, so i do not have any hint.

The binding is necessary to use the multirow selection feature, one of the many differences between the Trinidad table and the RichFaces table.

Thanks
Marco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073414#4073414

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073414