[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Redirect in a PageInterceptor renders the page in backgr

staale do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 13 07:16:14 EDT 2007

"Antoine_h" wrote :

  | using a servlet filter ?
  | in front of the main serlvet(s) of the portal, change/rewrite the url so the portal see it as a secured one.
  | look at the portal-server war for that.
  | there are for servlet (two not secured, two secured).
  | should be the best way, as it does not touch the portal processing. just make it see what you want it to see.
  |
  | hope this can help...

Thanks for the post. The last idea is probably the safest way. I was blinded by the fact that it was very easy use the properties in the XX-object.xml for each page.

I can rewrite the code to work in a tomcat valve. The hard part is that I have to read the XX-object.xml by myself - or make another configuration file to enable/disable secure mode for a page.

We have a rather large system - and adding even more custom properties in separate files is probably not what my customer want right now - so im guessing a custom parser just to pick out a page name and the secure property for it might be the solution.

Ill stop writing and go coding :)

Regards,
Ståle

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073510#4073510