[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: A few issues.

tzman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 13 10:41:48 EDT 2007

1.) Thanks

2.) Here is the JIRA issue

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-1794

I will try to put a patch in for this if I can get a moment to update from cvs.

3.)
anonymous wrote : I don't know what you mean by a base class.

By base class I mean a base class we code for our application. Something similar to the EntityHome framework. We have a base abstract business object where we wrap the functionality of entities and an entity manager. We have something similar for entity queries and other service based code. For both cases we can do a large portion of the work in the base class, but that requires an entity manager.

anonymous wrote : But Seam injection only occurs in classes annotated @Name.
This sort of the point, in most case it would not make sense to have a base class be a named component, and it cannot be if it is abstract.

Seam checking for annotations in the base class(es) of the component would make things easier, but if it was a design decision to not do so then that is fine and I can make use of what ever api's are available. I was merely curious as to if it was something that has just not been added yet or was never planned to be available.

Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073581#4073581

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073581