[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Unknown entity exception when Entities are in multiple j

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 13 15:41:54 EDT 2007

Well, you've got an association between tables that are managed by two separate Persistence Units...

What documentation directed you to take this approach?

To get classes from different JARs in the same persistence context, use the "jar-file" or "class" nodes under the "persistence-unit" root in persistence.xml.

I'm not sure if this bug has been fixed (haven't myself upgraded yet), but there was a problem as recent as JBoss 4.0.5 where JARs referenced by the "jar-file" element were getting (incorrectly) scanned relative to $JBOSS_HOME/bin.  I currently use the "class" element to incorporate classes from other JARs into my EMs and all works fine.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073705#4073705

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073705