[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Injection not working calling methods between EJBs

pierospinelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 14 03:47:35 EDT 2007

I try to explain the situation in words as first, since the code would be too long.

I have a Statfull bean that is an abstract class (AB1).

I have:
- a Normal statless bean (SL1)
- a Statfull bean (SFa) that inherits from AB1 and Inject the local interface of SL1.
- a Statfull bean (SFb) that inherits from AB1 and keeps a reference to the local interface of SFa.

All works fine: JSF pages with references to SFa or SFb are able to call actions defined in them or in their superclass.

Even when SFa & SFb call one another using their local interfaces all works fine, except in case SFb calls SFa.methodX() and SFa.methodX() try to use the injected instance of SL1: it find it always null.

It seams as injection does not work when an EJB is called (through its local interface) by another EJB. There is some limit I do not know in doing this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073853#4073853

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073853