[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: LDAP Authentication problem

Valdier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 14 13:28:53 EDT 2007

"Valdier" wrote : I am currently in the process of evaluating JBoss for use as our corporate portal site but seem to be running into a basic issue with authentication and authorization.

  | After following the documentation regarding ldap setup I get the following error on first attempting to login:
  |
  | 10:10:20,330 ERROR [IdentityLoginModule] Error when validating password
  | org.jboss.portal.common.transaction.NestedException: javax.security.auth.login.L
  | oginException: org.jboss.portal.identity.IdentityException: Unable to connect to
  |  LDAP: Name: null, Host: authserv, Port: 389, Context factory: com.sun.jndi.ldap.Ldap
  | CtxFactory, Admin user: cn=testad, Admin password: ***, Authentication: simple, P
  | rotocol: null
  |

  | setup is as such:
  |
  |   |    <datasources>
  |   |       <datasource>
  |   |          <name>LDAP</name>
  |   |          <config>
  |   |             <option>
  |   |                <name>host</name>
  |   |                <value>x-8</value>
  |   |             </option>
  |   |             <option>
  |   |                <name>port</name>
  |   |                <value>389</value>
  |   |             </option>
  |   |             <option>
  |   |                <name>adminDN</name>
  |   |                <value>cn=tdude</value>
  |   |             </option>
  |   |             <option>
  |   |                <name>adminPassword</name>
  |   |                <value>123456</value>
  |   |             </option>
  |   |             <!--<option>
  |   |                <name>protocol</name>
  |   |                <value>ssl</value>
  |   |             </option>-->
  |   |          </config>
  |   |       </datasource>
  |   |    </datasources>
  |

  |   |        <option-group>
  |   |          <group-name>common</group-name>
  |   |          <option>
  |   |             <name>userCtxDN</name>
  |   |             <value>ou=wss,dc=wss,dc=com</value>
  |   |          </option>
  |   |          <option>
  |   |             <name>roleCtxDN</name>
  |   |             <value>ou=wss,dc=wss,dc=com</value>
  |   |          </option>
  |   |       </option-group>
  |   |

  | Any assistance on this would be appreciated...

As a note the posted config is from our first older setup, the error message above reflects changes made to point to a non-temp virtual auth server.

the proper host is:

authserv

and

cn=testad

please ignore the other values (they were temporary here and now gone).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074129#4074129

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074129