[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: need help for Transaction Attribute Types

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 14 23:45:09 EDT 2007

Sorry everyone for the delayed response, I must not have set this Thread to send emails when updated.

The Extended Persistence Context is 1/2 the equation, because if your EM is flushing automatically on any select/update/insert/delete events or when the Tx is committed, you're still going to have the same problems you're seeing.

@PersistenceContext(type=PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED, properties=@PersistenceProperty(name="org.hibernate.flushMode", value="MANUAL"))
  | EntityManager oracleManager;

...and then flush the EM only when you want to; give that a spin?

Disclaimer: Haven't personally done this in a couple months; the code samples may be off but the theory should be spot-on.  Use an Extended Persistence Context, and ensure that you are manually flushing it, and it's not getting flushed automatically by the container.

Mind reporting back your results?  Curious to see if this path will work for you, and if I'm correct in assuming that the container is still flushing your EM for you.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074262#4074262

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074262