[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: TransactionalSeamPhaseListener + Spring @Transactional

dapeng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 15 13:17:41 EDT 2007

Hi,

thank you for your helpful answer. I plan to have a seam independent persistence and service layer using spring + JPA and only use seam in the web layer because of its powerful JSF enhancements.

Do I understand it right:
1. It is possible to use spring manged the local transaction instead of JTA, but I need the RC1 or the SNAPSHOT of Seam. It is not possible with the Beta1. It is important for me, because the application must run both on JBoss and Tomcat. I want to know whether it is necessary to install the embedded-jboss in Tomcat, so that I can use JTA.
2. Can I use JpaTransactionManager together with RESOURCE_LOCAL tx in persistence.xml. I managed to have a working version with embedded-jboss and JTA. I would like to see it also working with local tx.
3. Do I have to use seamEntityManagerFactory,or can I also use Spring LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean? What is the main job of seamEntityManagerFactory?
4. The same question applies to persistence context. Does it need to be managed by seam or can it also be managed by Spring?

Thanx a lot.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074528#4074528

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074528