[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: TransactionalSeamPhaseListener + Spring @Transactional

youngm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 15 13:32:37 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : Hi,

You only need RC1 or snapshot if you wish to use spring managed local transactions that are automatically created and committed by seam in a faces request. Of if you want to use Seam's @Transactional annotation.
anonymous wrote :
  | 2. Can I use JpaTransactionManager together with RESOURCE_LOCAL tx in persistence.xml. I managed to have a working version with embedded-jboss and JTA. I would like to see it also working with local tx.
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | Yes you can use JpaTransactionManager and do transaction management in spring and not have to use the embedded-jboss and jta.
  |   |
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | 3. Do I have to use seamEntityManagerFactory,or can I also use Spring LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean? What is the main job of seamEntityManagerFactory?
  |   |
  | If you configure it the way I described above you will be using the Spring LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.  It will be configured such that spring provides the EntityManagerFactory.  Seam provides it's conversation scoped EntityManager and then SeamManagedEntityManagerFactoryBean takes the Seam conversation scoped EntityManager and exposes it as another EntityManagerFactoryBean that can then be used by JpaTransactionManager to start and stop transactions and used by PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor to inject the Seam conversation scoped EntityManager into your spring beans.  Which reminds me you will also need to update your PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor to:
  |
  | 	<bean id="org.springframework.context.annotation.internalPersistenceAnnotationProcessor" class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProcessor">
  |   | 		<property name="defaultPersistenceUnitName" value="seamEntityManagerFactory"/>
  |   | 	</bean>
  |   |

  | So that Spring will know that @PersistenceContext should inject the seam entitymanager instance instead of creating a new spring managed one.
  | anonymous wrote :
  |   | 4. The same question applies to persistence context. Does it need to be managed by seam or can it also be managed by Spring?
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074532#4074532

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074532