[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Basic question about redirecting with exception

wkzk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 15 13:45:13 EDT 2007

Hi.
I have a page like this

  |     <h:form id="someForm">
  |         <h:commandButton id="action" value="Action"
  |                              action="#{someAction.action}"/>
  |     </h:form>
the name of the xhtml is "Test.xhtml"

and this is in a pages.xml

  |     <exception>
  |         <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  |             <message>Unexpected error, please try again</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>

When some Exception occurs during someAction.action, the redirect url is "/context/Test.seam/error.xhtml" So, I get 403 error now.

I expected that the url is "context/error.xhtml"

What am i missiing?

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074536#4074536

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074536