[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Flex + Seam integration approaches

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 15 18:48:33 EDT 2007

Oh, duh.  Ixnay my last suggestion - using the Spring <-> Flex Data Services integration as a crutch.  Turns out that's a user-provided adapter between FDS and Spring.  So going that route would be silly.  It's just a small class you register with FDS via web.xml.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1035406#

What's slick is that it should be straightforward to do the exact same thing for Seam.  What's nice about this approach is that it lets Seam components be accessed as strongly typed components directly within Flex.  Remoting is handled transparently.

The drawback is that the FDS gateway is not free if you want to deploy it clustered.

Anyway, I'll be exploring this stuff at some point over the next few weeks.  I'd like to get a handle on how well Flex works when requirements for richness overstretch Richfaces/IceFaces, etc.  I'm particularly curious about the possibility of hybrid apps, where part is classic Seam/JSF, but certain tricky sections are Flex.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074607#4074607

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074607