[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 2.0Beta and merge problem

Stateless Bean do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 16 07:31:11 EDT 2007

Hi,
When I moved my app from Seam 1.2.1 Ga -> 2.0.Beta1 my ejb makes wrong merges, previously this worked on 1.0, to 1.2.1 wersion, but here i get null's

Take a look:

I got tables mapped like 1:n, one sided

  | 	@OrderBy("index ASC")
  | 	@OneToMany(cascade=CascadeType.ALL, fetch=FetchType.LAZY)
  | 	@JoinColumn(name="Planet_idPlanet")
  | 	public List<BuildingsProd> getBuildingsProdList() {
  | 		if (buildingsProdList == null)
  | 			buildingsProdList = new LinkedList<BuildingsProd>();
  | 		return buildingsProdList;
  | 	}

first i load my "planet" object like

  | Planet userPlanet = em.find...

and when i do somethink like this:

  | BuildingsProd newStructure = new BuildingsProd();
  | userPlanet.getBuildingsProdList().add(newStructure);
  | em.merge(userPlanet);
  | em.flush();

after that, new object is inserted into table BuildingsProd BUT without FK of my "planet" table. Don't know what is going on?

I use Seam 2.0 Beta1, and Jboss Embedded on Tomcat 6.0 whitch Postgres 8.2
For Tomcat i use: "postgresql-8.2-505.jdbc3.jar" driver

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074802#4074802

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074802