[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: Extremely basic JNDI question

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 16 10:34:01 EDT 2007

"dbronk" wrote : Placing data sources in Tomcat we find them by looking up "java:comp/env/....".  Move the same app to JBoss and add a xxxxx-datasource.xml to JBoss, and it will not find it when we lookup "java:comp/env/....".  We need to remove the "java:comp/env/" portion of our lookup...  not very portable portability.

That's not correct. You can have the datasources available in the java:comp/env/ namespace. All you have to do is, add a resource-ref entry in your web.xml and jboss-web.xml files. Let us know if you want more details on this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074866#4074866

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074866