[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - which class is used ? Classloader ?

marcelvanvelzen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 16 11:34:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using JBoss 4.2.1.GA and JBossWS native-2.0.0.GA.

I (hot)deploy for each customer one or more generated .ejb file.

Some classes however are always the same, for example com.poseidon.util.DateUtil.

Lately I changed the code in DateUtil and tested this for a dummy customer account.

I noticed that the logic of another (old) DateUtil was somehow executed, not the changed code.

This is a normal class, not a webservice nor a entity or session bean.

Does JBoss load the ejb file in a seperate classloader for each .ejb file ?

If not, why than don't I get a exception during hot deployment when JBoss actually can see a duplicate class name.

I want to keep DateUtil and similar 'always stay the same' classes in the project, since they might change over time and newer deployments than contain the new code.

I hope you can help me,

Marcel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074896#4074896

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074896