[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam/hibernate search

epbernard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 16 22:08:46 EDT 2007

"norman.richards at jboss.com" wrote : I agree with Christian 100% on this.  I don't want anything more complex than google.  I can handle quotes, but anything more than that should be strictly for the power users.   I particularly dislike the need to use "*" for partial matches.

one-box dump user search mask are not that simple to build. The way to achieve it is to have a simpler grammar for the query (like the one you describe), and do a multi layer search (eg. first all exact terms with AND, then exact term with OR then approximate term etc)
The problem is that such multi layer search engines are very very business and data specific and there is no real way to have a decent off the shelves solution. It needs customization.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075056#4075056

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075056