[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Java Compiler (JSR199) in EJB3

Marco.Pehla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 17 07:13:07 EDT 2007

Hello everybody,

I need to compile generated Java source code inside of a enterprise application. I know that is possible to do these things in a ordinary JavaBean or backing bean of a JSF. But a much better solution would be to compile the Java code and return instances inside of a EJB3. I already migrated the JSR 199 compiler API of the Java 7 to libraries which can be used in Java 5 standalone applications. The JSR 199 Java Compiler API works pretty well and doesn't need access to the underlying file system. This is everything I need. But inside of a EJB3 deployed on JBoss 4.0.5 it doesn't work.

  | JavaCompiler compiler = ToolProvider.getSystemJavaCompiler();

Normally compiler get an instance of the class JavaCompiler. But the object compiler is null.

Did anybody already implement a Java compiler as EJB3 ??? (Java version 5 would be enough.)
Any ideas for another solutions are very welcome.

Thank you in advance,
Marco

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075163#4075163

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075163