[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Performance problem - UIL2 vs. JBoss Remoting?

mharnvi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 17 07:14:19 EDT 2007

We are not getting the expected perfomance from JBoss Messaging, compared to JBossMQ. We used UIL2 to deliver messages from external clients to JBoss 3.2.6.

After switching the implementetaion to JBoss 4.2.0 and JBoss Messaging 1.3 the performance is not good at all. Before our bottleneck was always in the MDB and the processing code. Now it seems that the clients can't send messages to JBoss fast enough. Code is unchanged. We use persistent messages in both environments.

In this test environment both client and server runs on the same computer.

Could it be that JBoss Remoting are slower than the old UIL2 transfer protocol?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075165#4075165

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075165