[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: OBE vs JBPM - pooled actors

meet_nagi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 17 16:12:13 EDT 2007

oops, I am sorry.

As of now in our production system we have OBE as the work flow engine. We are replacing it with JBPM to gain scalability and performance improvements.

Currently we are in development phase and fairly new to JBPM. We need suggestions on the below question.

In OBE XPDL we have mutiple user groups defined as below

  | <Participants>
  |         <Participant Id="MembershipRepresentative" Name="MembershipRepresentative">
  |             <ParticipantType Type="ROLE"/>
  |         </Participant>
  |                 <Participant Id="FieldSupervisor" Name="FieldSupervisor">
  |             <ParticipantType Type="ROLE"/>
  |         </Participant>
  |           <Participant Id="PanelManager" Name="PanelManager">
  |             <ParticipantType Type="ROLE"/>
  |             <Description>Panel Manager</Description>
  |         </Participant>
  |    </Participants>

and in each activity which is the Token in JBPM we have below setiings where FieldSupervisor can assign tasks to MemebershipRepresentative.

  | <Activities>
  |                 <Activity Id="Process1" Name="Field Recruitment">
  |                     <Implementation>
  |                         <No/>
  |                     </Implementation>
  |                     <Performer>FieldSupervisor</Performer>
  |                     <StartMode>
  |                         <Automatic/>
  |                     </StartMode>
  |                     <FinishMode>
  |                         <Manual/>
  |                     </FinishMode>
  |                     <ExtendedAttributes>
  |                         <ExtendedAttribute Name="ParticipantID" Value="MembershipRepresentative"/>
  |                         <ExtendedAttribute Name="XOffset" Value="51"/>
  |                         <ExtendedAttribute Name="YOffset" Value="10"/>
  |                     </ExtendedAttributes>
  |                 </Activity>
  |             </Activities>

Please tell me how we can specify this user group hierarchy in JPDL.
Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075366#4075366

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075366