[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - jboss.bind.address exception on startup in Linux

stefan_hendren do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 19 20:28:25 EDT 2007

Hi

I am using jboss5.0 beta2 (with jre1.6.0_02) on a fedora (linux) machine. On startup of jboss I am getting the following exception:

 anonymous wrote : ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKerne
  | lController] Error installing to Create: name=jboss.remoting:service=Connector,t
  | ransport=socket state=Configured mode=Manual requiredState=Create
  | java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0:0:0:0:0:0:1:4446"

The port 4446 is irrelevant in the sense that this error occurs in other places if I modify the jboss-service.xml file.

This issue seems to be specific to running jboss on linux as I am not getting any errors running jboss locally under windows. Looking at the windows version log, the bind address seems to be different - 0.0.0.0:4446.

So, for some reason linux is creating a bind address using anonymous wrote : : instead of anonymous wrote : . or something else funny is going on.

Has anyone got any ideas on this? I have looked into changing the bind address at startup, but don't really want to do that without knowing more and not convinced it will fix my issue.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4075616#4075616

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4075616