[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: h:selectManyCheckbox replaces PersistentBag with Arrays.

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 20 22:33:04 EDT 2007

This is causing us troubles too.  I can see that the JSF spec allows it, but it's one of those things where the integration between JSF and Hibernate is not SEAMless at all...  it should just work, and it just doesn't, so it pollutes our application with code to deal with maintaining the lists.

Very annoying.. :(

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : I'm not sure why it replaces it, but thats not really the point - the point is that the JSF spec allows it to do this (it doesn't say - if there is an already existing List, then remove all its elements and add new ones).  This may be a flaw in the spec (I'm not sure it is) but we can't address that here and now :(

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076088#4076088

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076088