[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Quartz configuration in Seam 2.0B

pierospinelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 21 01:56:30 EDT 2007

I'm making a control set program for an intranet scheduler.

The program allows to create a task definition (i.e. a name, a group, a Java class, a description, parameter definition with possibly default, required flag, ...), one or more Jobs for each definition (i.e. with different cron scheduling and different parameters).

It allows to control status (active/paused) of each job and of the whole scheduler, to see the log of each job and, if a job is running, to see its output in near real-time). More it allows to run other Job "one-shot" based on different values of terminating jobs.

I am currently using SEAM and JPA/Hibernate for the model. I'm using Quartz as the schedule engine with the in-memory configuration, so on application startup I have to read my model (using JPA) and recreate the active Jobs in Quartz.

I had a look to the table definitions of Quartz and I saw the they look very much similar to the tables generated for the persistent objects of my applications; so I wonder if it is not a waste of time/resources (if I use Quartz with DB configuration) using my custom tables when I could use directly the Quartz's ones. Just I'd like to continue using them by a persistent model (as I currently do) and not directly with JDBC.

This is the reason for I asked if Quartz already exposes a persistent model for its tables.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076106#4076106

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076106