[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Images Uploaded in Seam

obfuscator do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 21 06:12:40 EDT 2007

"tony.herstell at gmail.com" wrote : I have chatted with a GFX expert and to produce the code that can handle animated gifs and transparancies through a re-szie is not a small job.
  | I think I will bow out on this for now and jsut restrict the user from uploading an image that is too big (therefore making THEM do it).
  | Shame really as thats pretty unfriendly...
  | I could just allow ANY image and display it to a given size but this means I may be passing round MASSIVE images AND small images may get scaled up.
  | Grrr...
  | Nice feature to add to seam perhaps... (well it has everything else!)
  | :/

If you want your images to support transparency, you need to make them of type TYPE_INT_ARGB, not RGB. If you are dealing with hard stuff, such as
animated gifs etc, try using imagemagick, there is a java wrapper called
jmagick, but it's not very actively supported, just so you know.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076189#4076189

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076189