[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Proxy ClassCastException while looking up EJB

chetanpachpande do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 21 11:24:40 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have EJB (in one application i.e in one .ear) and its client (in other application i.e in other ear) running on same JBoss server.

For this scenarios I am using local call instead of remote calls.
The client lookup is:
EventRaiserBeanLocalHome eventRaiser = (EventRaiserBeanLocalHome) ctxt.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/EventRaiserBean");

my jboss-web.xml has:
<ejb-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>ejb/EventRaiserBean</ejb-ref-name>
    <jndi-name>ejb/orchestratorwithws/local/EventRaiserBean</jndi-name>
  </ejb-ref>

and web.xml has:
  <ejb-ref id="resource-ref-6">
          <ejb-ref-name>ejb/EventRaiserBean</ejb-ref-name>
          <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
          com.j2fe.event.interfaces.EventRaiserBeanLocalHome
          com.j2fe.event.interfaces.EventRaiserBeanLocal
  </ejb-ref>

But when the code executes I get java.lang.ClassCastException.

java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy63 at fti.engine.transmitter.EJBTransmitter.sendMessage(EJBTransmitter.java:74) at.....

My remote calls are working fine when both the applications are running on different JBoss installation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4076368#4076368

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4076368